Sunday, January 25, 2009

A tale of swords and souls, eternally retold...

The assignment was to do something with an egg. This is what I did.

So let me give you the rundown of what's going down here:

I decided that I wanted to do a stop motion animation of an egg as a sperm cell searching for the egg to fertilize it. I stop motioned the whole thing except for the tail, since I couldn't figure out a decent way to animate it without it looking terrible. As such, I chose to shoot the whole thing, throw it into Flash and add the tail on that way. The song is a lullaby version of "Today" by the Smashing Pumpkins. In the end, cell meets other cell, baby is made.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What if the baby had downsyndrom?

Fred said...

What if you stop motioned the whole thing including the tail?

Chris Clarke said...

What if you woke up the next day and discovered a brand new set of skillets?